[22 POLLS] Character Balance

Please explain… Is it because of the spore cloud?

His healing is so far past any medic, even Caira. Pair him with a Hank and you lose.

Spores are waaaaaaay too powerful at stopping Monsters.

And his ability to heal anyone to full health from completely across the map is ridiculous.

He’s easily the most versatile medic and is way too damn OP.

By himself he isn’t that bad but any compitant team will pair him with Hank and then you stand no chance, if any because of how strong he is.

Healing better than caira: (agreed)

Spores so damn powerful: (disagree) any monster can just simply move away from it and if not the cloud only last 5 seconds!

Healing teammates from far away: (disagree) the drone will stop healing if the hunter takes damage like wildlife, plants , and monster. Also it is almost useless to use in combat

2 Likes

Spores not powerful? Ha. Monsters can see through it but it’s difficult as hell. He’s not that bad but paired with Hank they’re terrible.

The time they stay around won’t mean anything. A quick switch Slim and you’ll never run out of spores, and good luck getting out of the spores when he can spam them.

Yeah. Good luck doing any worthwhile damage when everyone is healed to 100% before the next battle.

1 Like

I think Val is Underpowered, but I have no idea how they can fix her anymore.

1 Like

It’s her kit. Her healing is just not capable of keeping the team up. Low single target healing makes her underpowered.

Maybe I’m wrong, but hear out my counterpoints:

Counter: focus a target down, split as little damage as possible between hunters. I would agree that he fills the team-wide heals niche very well, but his healburst is fairly weak, and he can’t use his strongest healing tool (the almighty but undervalued bug), so long as the target is under attack (or even taking DoT).

The spores literally have no stopping power, I think most people struggle with playing against this ability because monster players typically continuously mash the sniff, if you do that while clouded by spores, then EVERYTHING turns gray, and it’s hard to distinguish where the hunters are. If you don’t sniff, and keep a watchful eye on your target, the spore cloud can have literally no affect on your gameplay. In short, and what no one ever wants to hear: It’s sort of skill-based. If you can play without sniffing, the ability is useless; if you rely heavily on sniffing, the ability feels very powerful.

I feel like this doesn’t really matter, honestly. A good hunter team should stick together and the medic should keep people topped off anyway. While I think his bug range is fairly absurd, since it’s infinite, I don’t think it has any effect from the monster’s gameplay standpoint. If you’re fighting the team, and Slim is crazy far away, his bugs are NOT going to heal your target.

I personally believe Val is the most versatile medic, since her healburst is very powerful, she has extremely high healing range, infinite slows (+ monster outline), AND amplifies her team’s damage. I assume we’ll just disagree here since I view versatility as lots of utility / things-that-can-be-done, and I don’t know what your opinion is.

I’m sure others can speak more about this, all I can really say is that I’ve found Slim to be the toughest medic of the lot. With a good hank, and very careful jetpack dodges, I have personally tanked the entire wrath of a S2 Goliath until they died 1v2 from about 3 bars of health. The Hank I was with was amazingly on-point, shielding exclusively monster abilities, rather than melee attacks (which I could apparently heal through). HOWEVER! Disclaimer: This was pre-patch, a few months ago. Since then, I don’t think this scenario can happen again (Slim got a healing nerf, Hank’s shield just got nerfed, monster damage scales smoother, etc).

1 Like

I stand by my opinion.

Slim himself is fine. Paired with a Hank or Sunny he’s WAAAAAY too strong. He needs to be balanced for those combos.

Also, Slim and Hank were never nerfed. Slim is the exact same except spores stay 50% shorter and Hank is the exact same.

Hank nowadays doesn’t scare me I’ve played as Goliath and wraith against hank and slim and its not that difficult just keep focusing the medic and don’t take your eyes off that bug , even if he’s shielded you can easily burn through

Easily burn through, ha. My buttox :stuck_out_tongue:

Well its just click click click and the shield disappears am I wrong? or is it click click click CLICK and then it disappears

No its more like.

click… click… click… click… click… click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

Then it disappears.

1 Like

Haha OK well I think its time to close this argument because I need my sleep. So let’s just say Slims balanced and stop it there alright :blush:

Slim is fine now, another nerf and he will be UP
Spores cannot be nerfed again 5secs was too much IMO
His Healing is suppose to be fast. Though I feel like Slim is likely to be nerfed to heal less per burst.

1 Like

Slim needs less healing and I’ll be happy.

His healing is fine :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I used to love playing Val but now she’s almost useless. She’s a ridiculously unsafe choice and in pretty much any comp if the monster chooses to focus her she’s dead. I think she needs a buff to all of her weapons to make her a viable pick imo.

Med-gun: Increase the rate of healing, it’s only a single target weapon yet Caira’s grenades have a very similar rate of healing to the med-gun. Increase its rate of healing so it’s a much stronger weapon much more reliable.

Sniper rifle: As a former Val player I can say that I barely found time to use her sniper as there was always something else to do. Right now her sniper is pretty much useless so I’d suggest decreasing reload time and increasing the damage of her weak-spots to x2.5.

Tranq gun: Probably Val’s only real saving grace, but it could still be more useful. Increase the clip size and time the monster is drugged, or instead of increasing the time of its effect increase the strength of the tranq so that it slows the monster more, making it much more defensive and giving Val a bit more survivability.

You’re absolutely insane. His healing is insanely overpowered.

I must be insane then because I don’t find his healing OP

2 Likes