100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme

Today is the 1st of July, now this may not mean most to you other than the first day of a new month, but today is the 100th anniversary of one of the most brutal WW1 battles ever: The Battle of the Somme. For those who don’t know, the battle of the Somme was one of the bloodiest battles in the Western Front, WW1, and History in general. The Battle of the Somme saw extreme air power importance, and saw the first use of the tank, which revolutionized armor warfare. The Battle also saw the deaths and wounding of over 1,000,000 brave soldiers, French, British, and German alike. I have made this thread to memorialize the brave soldiers who gave their lives to live and fight in the hell of Trench Warfare.

RIP brave lads, may your names, nor your sacrifices, be forgotten through the times we live in as the importance of history becomes more an more forgotten.

and even then, we will still try and remember them.

Amen.
10/amens

Rest in peace to all those who fell throughout that bloody war. I don’t actually know that much about WWI in Europe even though that is probably the main theater focused on in popular culture. I was always more interested in the middle east.

middle east was more Ottomans on British combat, The fact that most factions fought on the western front and it’s trenches is probably why the Western Front is the main depiction.

RIP, thanks for everything you have done for your country