1.3 Wraith too Weak/Strong

It does? When I use it, the damage sucks. It’s negligible at best from my observations.

1 Like

I think the issue is that Warp Blast is useful all of the time, while her other three skills are wildly situational. Warp Blast has insane movement utility and does fantastic damage, so it’s good for clearing people out, destroying deployable and creating distance between you and the Hunters. It’s not really overpowered, in that sense, it’s just more reliable than anything else in her kit, but she still needs the rest of her kit to make it shine.

It’s a big contrast to Goliath and Kraken, who can both work awesomely without Rock Throw or Lightning Strike. Not necessarily a bad one, mind you. Wraith has more utility moves in her kit than any other Monster, so it makes sense that her only reliable damage abilitiy stands out. But you definitely need to be more careful when choosing your points, as going into the other three without Warp Blast leaves you with no follow up moves and thus, no way to reliably combo into things.

The other two Monsters have awesome utilit skills like this. They aren’t as essential to them as Warp Blast is to Wraith, but Fire Breath and Vortex both usually get at least one point for their utility in getting rid of deployables and gaining distance respectively. Wraith’s great utility skill just so happens to be her main damage dealer as well.

I’d still like to see Supernova buffed a little somehow. I’m not really sure how, I sort of think it needs to get back at least some of its duration, and needs to deal a bit more damage. Supernova was never that difficult to deal with, and now it’s so short and doesn’t pack punch until at least level 2 so it feels really weak compared to how much Warp Blast can do, and lacks of the utility and mobility that Warp Blast brings.

I guess what I’m saying is that Warp Blast is really good, but I would rather see the rest of her kit be made more appealing rather than making Warp Blast less. Particularly Supernova, as it’s her other main offensive skill. Decoy is good for raw damage too, but is situational. The situations it does well in, though, its amazing, and Abduction, while finicky sometimes, never pretended to be anything but a utility move. I think it should debuff the Hunters or something though maybe, if anything, to make it more appealing as an assassination tool and to give it at least some combat viability, but that’s not necessary. It’s not supposed to be a damage dealer. But Supernova? Supernova needs something

1 Like

Well it’s about 25% of a Hunters hp without perks and buffs on lvl 3. Combined with a heavy attack followup the combo does roughly 40% damage on a Hunter. Sure it’s not comparable with most of the direct damage skills of other Monsters or even Warp Blast, but it’s still nice damage and the best tool to keep juggling a Hunter and meawhile a reliable way to pop Markov mines (even though he is rarely played anymore).

Supernova’s duration is quite fine where it is now in my opinion, since against good teams you won’t have more time to utilize it anyways and against beginners it won’t snowball as hard as it used to prepatch. It’s quite a nice balance for both experienced and unexperienced players right now, and keeps beginners from experiencing pretty much this when playing against Wraith:

3 Likes

here is my opinion from another thread!

3 Likes

Well i know currently Goliath and Kraken are same walk and sneak speed Wraith is a little faster walking (not noticeably though in a monster perspective) and sneak is about the same base Behemoth though is slower in every way except transversal

Nope, shes the same, it just appears faster since shes sooo tiny

Really? Every time I was playing Griffin and I saw Wraith, catching her was about as hard as opening a can of Coke- a harpoon to the butt to get her close, then throw the dome and quickly harpoon so her warp doesn’t make her haul.

However, now Wraith’s become boring to play against because the one CHALLENGING aspect of fighting Wraith is 1) She’s hard to catch, and that once you have her in the dome, she’s not in there with you… You are inside the dome with a pissed-off Wraith.

TL;DR the patch made Wraith the monster that’s now a free win because her good traits were ruined

That makes sense…time to get offf acid then

Good

Evolve didn’t make small changes to Wraith. It made big one, like cutting down the time of supernova by 50%.

There was never anything wrong with the beasts. There’s so much that favors the hunters and non of that stuff was nerfed.

Why couldn’t Turtle Rock wait for the release of the new hunters to see how the game played and then made decisions.

I will continue play the Evolve I’ve been playing. As long as I don’t allow the latest up date, the game should be fine. I’ve discovered that people are worat to play with than the broken AI in the game

I’m worried it might have been too much in a few areas. The extra second reveal is not needed. 50% reduction is a little too much, perhaps 25%-30%. Everything else seems fine though because now she actually gets domed.

I think supernova could be increased but decoy damage needs to be reduced

I haven’t played against a Wraith yet, mostly just Behemoths. Before speculation sets in we should wait a week (or two) and see what the devs report on the telemetry. Even if Wraith feels UP, if its win/loss rate is down to where Goliath & Kraken are then the changes are good. With such dramatic changes, though, I’m going to guess the first week’s win/loss will be low as people get used to the new Wraith and the T4 hunters.

wraith warp blast is ridiculous

I would agree with that.

It only goot a 10% dmg buff, but it’s radius gets way bigger now.

1 Like

the radius is huge

Gotta love that, before I thought was way to small and easy to dodge. :stuck_out_tongue:

People don’t get it and Turtle Rock apparantly forgot also. Wraith HAD to run! She had no choice. She had too little life to engage in combat. You could catch a lv1 goliath and still see him put up a fight and escape with enough life to come back for round 2. Wraith, even at level 3, has very little life and shield. That was the reason behind her being a stealthy monster. What was the point of creating a stealth monster you are going to take it away?

I told myself I wasn’t going to downlad the new patch, but I think I already have. I picked the wraith and I was moving way too slow. It felt awkward. I didn’t know why, but gameplay felt different. I lost over and over again because she felt different. At finally managed to win a match after 6 deaths, but it was with the smallest amount of health.

The only people who ever lost easily against the wraith were players who didn’t play together, and in truth, has anyone been paying attention. Alot of peoole want to play solo. I hate playing hunter because of that reason. To see a monster(s) take hits because players are bad and don’t coordinated together is a huge disappointment.

Turtle Rock should’ve waited for the group of hunters to be released to see how they fair against her, then made adjustments.

At level 40. I think I think I’ve played this game enough, and I’m entitled to express my disappointment.

I think I’m done playing Evolve for the moment. Maybe I’ll comeback when my disappointment drops. For the moment, I have Watchdogs I still haven’t finished playing to this date. Dying Light is becoming funner and funner with every blueprint I find. Destiny is still a solid shooter. I think I’ll start from scratch. People are still playing it. I have a career to continue in NBA2K. You can’t ever go wrong with Battlefield, and Bloodborne just came out. The new Mortal Kombat comes out in a few weeks.

Peace to y’all bad players who made these changes possible.

I’m just going to leave this here.

First Daily Evac - Twitch

I’m hardly a top wraith user, playing with 35-40s.

New wraith is sexy.